Join Chess Master Lee Miller for afternoons of strategy and critical thinking. The Chess Club meets Friday afternoons and is open to all students and community members.
Creative Movement is a joyful way for children to explore movement through music, develop physical skills, stimulate imagination, enhance problem-solving skill and promote creativity.
Through movement students will learn:
– about their bodies, the space around them, and each other
– about themselves and begin to see connections with the rest of the world
– balance, coordination, flexibility, and physical strength
– concentration: Creative Movement develops self-control, which generates a greater ability to demonstrate concentration and movement
– self-esteem: As children learn more and develop new skill their self-esteem increases along with their resilience to cope with changing environment, situations, and people.